Interested in technical theatre, design and stage management?
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AGED 15-21
Training with our YOUTH CREW provides the skills required to operate safely under supervision in entry-level roles and often leads to casual employment at The Court Theatre. Students are taught by a variety of professionals across the field and learning will take place through practical application.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the roles and skills needed to work in performing arts and events venues;
- Work safely as part of a supervised crew on entry-level tasks.
- Communicate and interact with team members.
- Receive instructions, give and receive feedback, reflect on learning.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of health and safety procedures and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate self-management skills, including time management and personal presentation.
Youth Crew members will experience six weeks of tutoring in Term 2, which will cover all elements of technical theatre, design and stage management:
- Stage Management
Sessions are held at The Court Theatre, and sometimes offsite at places of interest, on Saturdays from 10am-1pm.
The dates for the first term of Youth Crew are below:
Saturday 9 May
Saturday 16 May
Saturday 23 May
Saturday 6 June
Saturday 13 June
Saturday 20 June (plus options to crew the Youth Company show 22nd – 27th June)
$185 per member per term for Terms 2 and 3, this fee also covers involvement in any potential Term 4 activities.
If you are interested in being a part of this programme you can book a place by following the link below: