Our Career Week provides any year 12 or 13 student in New Zealand with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies. Explore first-hand the world of hospitality, tourism and hotel management at PIHMS before making the right decision.
What to expect:
During the three day fully supervised activities, you can expect to:
- be part of the PIHMS hotel campus by staying on site
- interact with current PIHMS students
- find out about the different career paths offered within the business, tourism and hospitality industries
- meet professionals from the tourism, hotel and hospitality industry
- learn about the PIHMS internationally recognised Diplomas, Degree and Postgraduate qualifications with guaranteed hotel job!
- see where our students travel to on their paid Industry Placements
- meet the friendly PIHMS team and students through a variety of classroom and social activities
- free time to explore New Plymouth and the surrounding area and all it has to offer
- welcome and farewell luncheon for family and friends upon arrival and departure
Career Week costs only $199.00 per person (including GST) and includes two nights shared accommodation, all meals, beverages and scheduled activities. It does not include travel to and from New Plymouth.
Should a Career Week attendee enrol and be accepted to study at PIHMS, the career week cost will be deducted off your fees for the 1st semester.
Places are limited as we only have a limited number of rooms available for accommodation – So apply ASAP to avoid missing out
“If you would like to get a real feel of the hospitality industry before actually going into it, career week at PIHMS is a great place to start. The best thing about PIHMS for me was gaining the knowledge which helped me get my job at the Hilton. The lecturers are great and the atmosphere on campus is always exciting and happening. Hospitality is a great industry where you can meet people from around the globe.”