WHEN IS TE KURA SUMMER SCHOOL?
Te Kura Summer School runs from 21 December 2020 to 10 February 2021.
Applications for Summer School open on the following dates and close on 2 February 2021:
- 10 November 2020 – Young Adult ākonga – (Please enrol as a young adult)
WHO CAN REGISTER?
Summer School ākonga (students) must be:
- A New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or verified domestic student
- Residing in New Zealand
- Registering to complete a NCEA Certificate or Endorsement requiring up to:
- 10 credits (if registering before the release of results by NZQA)
- 6 credits (if registering after the release of results by NZQA)
If you are unsure of your eligibility to register, please phone the Summer School Intake Team on 0800 65 99 88 option 6, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Young adult ākonga (aged 16-19 years) who meet the eligibility criteria* can register for free.
WHAT STANDARDS CAN I SIT?
- NCEA Level 1: English, Maths, Te Reo Māori, Kaupapa Māori and Gagana Samoa
- NCEA Level 2: Most subjects (limited standards)
- NCEA Level 3: Most subjects (limited standards)
WHAT HAPPENS WITH MY RESULTS?
If you were enrolled at another secondary school in 2020, we will refer any Summer School credits you achieve to your previous school. Your previous school will need to report the results to NZQA for inclusion on your 2020 Record of Achievement. Please let your school know you have registered for Te Kura Summer School so your Principal’s Nominee can look out for your results.