Do you have an innovative idea related to the food, fibre and agriculture industry? Enter ChristchurchNZ’s first Food, Fibre and Agritech Challenge and be in to win a $1,000 prize for a school student entry.
There are two categories for entry:
- Generating value-added, high impact food, fibre and agriculture products; or
- Assisting on-farm automation and decision making
There are over $130,000 in prizes including the Canterbury school student opportunity
(Careers Advisors – If you have students in mind who are keen to share their ideas and would like to work on this challenge over the summer, we encourage you to pass on the attached ‘Challenge Info Pack’).
The Challenge will run from 29 January to 11 May 2021, and entry into the Challenge is free.
It would be a great learning opportunity for any student as it offers the chance to work with high-quality coaches, mentors and can give access to key stakeholders as well as investors.
The top entry will take home the ‘Top Canterbury High School Award’ of $1,000 and, more importantly, the title ‘Top Canterbury Agritech High School’.
Students can enter as a team or as individuals, but all High School entries (if under 18) are required to include written consent from the school to enter this challenge. A consent form is part of this info pack.
This Challenge is suited to self-starters that are innovative and can follow through with their ideas.
The first entry does not need to be fully developed,
- a great idea, that outlines the problem they are trying to solve, or explains their idea for a new innovation
- all details are on the entry form – some of these details can be fully developed as the Challenge progresses
- remember, the idea is to learn how to take an idea and develop it during the Challenge process through mentoring and learning from others
- there will be an accelerator programme available for successful entrants between March and April, most of which is available online and can be viewed later if students are unable to attend the live webinars.
Click here for more details: https://kiwinet.brightidea.com/FFA
If you have any questions regarding the Challenge, please feel free to contact Christiane Simmers or Robyn Cox from ChristchurchNZ.
Christiane Simmers – Project Manager Innovation, ChristchurchNZ
Christiane.Simmers@christchurchnz.com. Tel. 0220 17 18 19
Robyn Cox – Food, Fibre & Agritech Specialist, ChristchurchNZ
Robyn.Cox@ChristchurchNZ.com. Tel. 027 345 0441